Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kebab Lunch @ Cafe Med

Che, one of my best buds since college, scheduled a lunch date with me today at our favorite kebab diner infront of Ateneo College. Unfortunately, we've been dining there for years now and I still don't know the place's name.. :"> We met around 12 and headed to Jacinto St., where the place is. To our dismay, they're no longer there! According to the nearby stalls, they already transferred to Ecoland. Such disappointment and to think we were really craving to eat their juicy kebabs.

So with no other choice, we thought of other options and since we were really in the mood to eat kebab, we remembered this huge billboard along Bolton bridge where a certain mediterranean resto showcased their kebabs. Good thing I remembered the name and location of the diner so we hurriedly drove to Chimes. It's both our first time to try Cafe Mediterranean.

Upon entry, I already liked the setup of the place, it was simple and cozy. They decorated colorful paintings in the walls and they had these lamps in the ceiling which aren't lit at that time though since it was mid-noon. I also like their dark-colored tables which looked really simple but eye-catching.
And then, unnecessarily, 3 waitresses came to our table to take our orders. Eh? ^_^ At first look on their menu, my immediate impression was it's expensive but then we stayed to try what they have to offer. Che ordered grilled beef kebab with pita bread and I ordered the grilled chicken kebab with pita bread as well. We ordered the small sizes at Php117. I got shocked at how expensive their drinks were though, Che's iced tea is worth Php 79 and my mango juice (the typical mango juice) is worth Php 72. Whoa!

However, the cooking was real fast. In less than 15 minutes, our orders were already served. I must say my chicken kebab was real tasty and I loved the hot sauce on it. I enjoyed my meal but I wasn't that satisfied and we were still hungry. And it lacked the cheese we usually put on our kebabs. They don't serve with their kebabs kasi. Maybe they should try it.
To conclude my first visit at Cafe Med, nice place, tasty food but a little too expensive for their serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment