Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last week, I went to Sarangani for a client visit and stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights. On our last night, my boss decided to treat me and Aileen for dinner in GenSan. After thinking of several choices, we finally decided to dine at Shakey's Pizza (I guess bossing was in pizza mode that time.)

We weren't that much hungry at that time that is why I couldn't really remember how we came about with our orders. First, we agreed to order a platter of carbonara and as I continued checking out their menu, I got to this page where they were featuring a new Grand Slam Pizza, their 18-incher pizza with four flavors (Hawaiian, Ham, Bacon and Supreme...I'm not quite sure with the last one though.) The waitress recommended it so bossing ordered. She warned though that it'll take 45 minutes to cook the pizza. We didn't mind since the carbonara will be served first so we said okay.

She served the platter of carbonara first with its basket of garlic bread which is truly yummy, I must say. The platter was huge but amazingly, we finished it up to its last string of pasta.


Since 45 minutes is quite a while, we just chatted while waiting. Later, the manager approached our table and placed a curved stand in the center. I assumed it was for the pizza but wondered what is it used for. And then the pizza came and that's when I understood the stand's purpose. It was super big!!! The size was truly unexpected. How in the world are we going to put this in our stomaches especially with the fact that we just ate a platter of carbonara?

I was only able to eat 2 slices and I gave up. My tummy just couldn't take any more in. Aileen was giving up already also. Result, more than half of the pizza was boxed and brought home. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment