Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Favorite Part of the Day

Seven years ago exactly from today, Dennis and I exchanged marital vows by civil wedding in one of the courtrooms of the City Trial Court. We were actually on the tidying stage for the church wedding at that time, matter of fact, everything was all set...but then, we just decided to arrange a civil wedding one month before the Church rites because we believed it is equally as important as that of the Church. And without everyone's knowledge, except my mom's and Dennis' parents, we vowed in front of Hon. Jose Emmanuel Castillo that we be together forever as husband and wife. I can still remember that right after the rites, I cried heavily and hugged my mom so tight...I got really sad thinking I'd be leaving my mom already. Still, that day is one of the best days of my life.

For seven years, Dennis proved to be the most loving, sweetest, most understanding husband to me and the greatest dad to my daughter. He never failed to put a smile on my face when I get pained or stressed even. He is always patient with my tantrums and "kamaldita." He willingly embraced the kind of life I wanted to live. He accepted me for who I am which really amazes me because Dennis and I are truly OPPOSITE from each other. He accepted everything about me, my family, my friends, my life's drama. When I get really hurt, he need not say anything to console me (he's never good with words anyhow, hehehe)...his tight hugs and long kisses are enough to assure me everything's going to be alright.

We've had crazy moments, teary moments, challenging moments...but there was never a tiring moment for us. Of course, married life is not always bed of roses, of course, we've had our share of fights but then again, it's when working things out no matter what true love is proven. They say it's when a couple reach their seventh year, when all challenges pour quite heavily. I'm crossing my fingers on this. We've spent our first seven years as happily and as sweet as we can and I wish that the next seven years and the years after that will be spent equally as happy and loving and sweet as the previous years.

And with all these, I am endlessly grateful to God that he gave me Dennis, my bestest best friend....who, after seven years, remains my favorite part of the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment