Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Pia...A Certified Biyahera

When I was just a kid, whenever we go road tripping, I often experience nausea and I still have this travel sickness even until now and so I’d still have to take a pill every time I go traveling. Fortunately, Pia, my 6 year old kid, doesn’t have the same that is why as young as she is now, we’d take her wherever we go. And this kid’s got too much energy; I really wonder where it’s coming from knowing that she’s really petite.

Her first long trip was when she was still 5 years old…to Butuan. We were attending my inaanak’s baptismal and so we brought her along. We were very worried that she might get tantrums while in the bus or might go pee all the time so I had to force her wear diapers which she was really not agreeable with. She kept telling me “I’m n
ot a baby anymore.” Still, I forced her. She was really excited to ride the bus which she calls a train at that time, by the way, and amazingly, she never gave me a problem the whole trip. She was enjoying the view and when we got to Butuan, she was still in the highest level of energy, unlike me who was all tired already. That time, I was just glad that she survived the whole 14 hours ride to and from Butuan.

This year, after our Camiguin trip, I can now say that my child is certainly a Certified Biyahera who, for the whole 19 hours to and from Camiguin, she never gave a sign of exhaustion. Never had any tantrum of any sort and this time, she insisted she’d not wear diapers at all.

If you can just imagine, we left Davao Thursday night at 9PM and arrived in
CDO at 3AM. Then we headed towards Balingoan which took 1.5 hours and then boarded MV Yuhum towards Camiguin which was 1 hour long. The whole trip was without stops and rests. Right after arriving in Enigmata, we just changed clothes and had a quick breakfast and then proceeded immediately with our island tour which took the whole day. Our tour lasted until 10PM in the evening. So you see, from Thursday night to Friday night, we never really had much sleep or rest and yet, Pia was still all energetic. The next day, we were off our way back home which will take another 9.5 hours. The whole trip to Davao, she just slept like for an hour. We were all sleeping including the other passengers but she was still playing with her Barney toy and looking out the window just enjoying the view. As for me, I was asleep the whole time.

Pildi ko sa akoa anak oy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment