Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Poet In Me

I tried to wait
But you never came
I tried to listen
But you never spoke
I stumbled
But you never helped me up
I cried
But you didn't calm me
I died, then I realized,
You never did love me...

I like writing poems especially at times when my emotions are its extremes. I started writing poems when I was in second year high school and I really could not remember what inspired me to do so.

The poem above is the first ever poem I was able to come up with. It was just a 10-liner poem but it made its way to the school paper. It got published in both my high school and college papers. That is why I'm kinda proud of this poem.

Someone asked me for whom did I dedicate this to and with all honesty, noone at that time when I wrote it because I wasn't a bit in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment