Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kangaroo Coffee Company

I had lunch with Ate Doris today at Kangaroo Coffee Company located at Tionko Avenue fronting Sunburst Chicken. She was inviting me for how many times already to try this cafe since it's one of the newest here in Davao. Today was our chance, good thing she didn't have work because of USA's Labor Day.

Anyway, we headed straight to the cafe after she fetched me from the office. Luckily, it wasn't at all that crowdy and so we didn't have a hard time looking for a parking spot. The place ain't that big but my first impression was it was really clean but not scenty though. Since it was a self-service cafe (I never really liked self-service restos), we searched for something interesting to order in their wall menu. Now, my second impression would be, it's too pricey! Very expensive, really.

Anyway, I ordered Baked Penne, a creamy red sauced penne pasta with lots of cheese at Php 140.00 and a slice of New York Cheese Cake at Pho 135. I had four seasons juice to go with it. All in all, my orders amounted to a total of Php 333. I enjoyed my pasta cause it was really creamy, but I did not even finish 1/4 of my New York Cheese Cake. It was fluffy, airy and not so good-tasting. Oh well, I guess I'll have to try their other pastries if there's anything I'd like.

By the way, if you're interested to taste one of the most expensive coffee in the world, you might as well try their Kape Balos which is their Civet coffee (Kopi Luwak), the type coming from Alamid's poops. But then again, it's worth Php 300 a cup (eh kaya nga most expensive.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment