Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Paul Potts: The Unexpected

I was watching Without a Trace last night on C/S at RPN when one commercial caught my attention. I thought it was some testimony about a product but it was actually a feature on one of the great talents discovered in the show Britain's Got Talent. This man is a mobile phone seller and at first, I say this without any offense intended, I really thought that he was a"special child."


I really didn't have an idea what the ad was about so I was on my move to switch the channel, but on the next scene, he was already placing himself on the stage so I took a moment to see what he was about to do. The jurors, with Simon Powell in it, were asking first with some questions. Paul said he was going to sing the Opera, which is a difficult song I presumed, since one of the judges gave a questioning smile. And then Simon gave him a go to start.

The song's intro was a bit long and he was just standing in front without any movement at all, I really thought he was about to faint due to nervousness. And then he sang.....

I had goosebumps all over me!!! Apparently, the Opera is a song for tenors and he sung it with so much brilliance. I was tearing up while listening to him, I just can't stop myself. It was really touching, even the audience were crying. One of the jurors also cried. His performance was unforgettable...unexpected. While listening to him, I can't help but stop breathing every time a high note is being hit, wondering if he'd nail it. And he nailed all of it. Until now, I'm still not over the feeling he brought on me last night. Imagine, he was just a phone seller and now, he's already touring the world for concerts.

Have a taste of his performance by clicking on the link below:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment