Friday, September 12, 2008

Witty Lines From My Little Girl

Sometimes, kids just say things unexpected from them and I've had a taste of these from my little girl, Sophia. She just utter words which are inappropriate for what she is trying to say and it just makes me laugh listening to her.

There was this one time when I was cooking and she was busily playing with her dolls in our living room. I caught her watching me, observing me in a way, but I didn't mind her that time. And then she told me:

Pia: Mommy, sabi ni Teacher Fretzy, children should help in the household chores daw.
Me: Okay, tomorrow, you wash our clothes ha. (kidding her)
Pia: Okay, I'll help ate.
Me: No, you wash them all by yourself. Di ba sabi mo sabi ni Teacher Fretzy, you should help.
Pia: Oo nga, ang sabi nya, HELP!

There was this one time also when I got home from work. She usually meets me at the door and give me a big kiss and hug. But that night, it was different, she excitedly opened the door for me and said, "Hello Stepmother!"

Last Sunday, we were at Maa and she thought we were going to pass by GAP since she's familiar with the road already (something about her which I find amazing, she's really good with directions.) I assumed she was really hoping we'd pass it by cause after some waiting, she asked me "Mommy, bakit di pa natin nakita yong carabao na may tattoo?" (Kasi di ba ang carabao sa GAP may nakatatak na GAP sa bandang puwet? She thought it was a tattoo.)

Lastly, late night conversations with Pia are always the best. We'd talk just about anything. She'd ask me what my dreams are, I'd ask her what's hers. I talk to her like an adult and I always enjoy every conversation we have. One night, she was thinking really deep, and I asked her what's wrong and she just said, "Mommy, pwede bang palitan na natin bukas ang name ko? Pwede bang iba na naman? Pwede Cinderella?"

These are just some of her funny lines. Innocent, senseless but sometimes, it also makes me think and say "oo nga naman."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment