Saturday, July 12, 2008

From My Childhood to Pia's

Ever heard of Rainbow Brite? ^_^

Mattel's Rainbow Brite is a very popular cartoon show from the 80's. Then, like the Stawberry Shortcake dolls, Rainbow Brite dolls were heavily marketed in various sizes and forms. Its market also included books, games, videos, furniture, and home accessories.

Rainbow Brite and her friends have these pets called "sprites." Each sprite has a different color.

Now what is this blog about?

The picture attached is my stuffed red sprite given to me by my dad when I finished Grade 1. That was on year 1987. Every after recognition, my dad used to bring me to the mall and award me with a toy. That time, at the age 8, I chose Romeo, the red sprite which is Red Butler's pet in the Rainbow Brite show.

Now, I'm already 29 years old which makes my spite more than 2 decades old. I just realized this recently. You see, I kept my toy in a box for so long and just last month, I was digging on my old stuff and found my sprite. I had it cleaned and gave it to Pia. It made me really happy that I was able to pass on to Pia something from my childhood. I told Pia how old my toy was and that she should also take care of it the way I did. Who knows, she would also might be able to pass it on to her child? (I wonder how it'd look like by that time???) ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment