Thursday, July 17, 2008

One day, my little girl got out from school and brought home a green colored letter from their school library. It was an authorization letter that I will have to sign to confirm that I allow Sophia to borrow books from their library. And since my little girl is addicted to story books, of course I signed it and gave it back to the librarian.

On the first day, she already brought with her a book from their library. It was a 10-paged book with really huge and bold letters titled Barbie's Camping adventure. When I arrived from work, she hurriedly met me up at our front door, waving her book in the air, and said "Mommy, please read me this book before I go to sleep." So, of course, I said, "Sure Babe."

Surely, right before sleeping, she took her book which she secretly tucked under her pillow and said, "Okay Mommy, basa na." So sharing with her excitement, I read the book for her. What I like best about reading a book to Pia is that it makes her sleepy. Pia is the kind of kid who sleeps really late at night and even when she's all exhausted already, she's often the last person in our house to go to sleep. That has always been a wonder for Dennis and me. Back to my story...so that night, after reading her the book, I told Dennis this could be a good idea to put Pia to sleep early at night. Dennis agreed.

The return schedule for borrowed books in their library takes 3 days but the next day, she brought a new one already. This time, it was a 20-paged book with normal sized texts and has a long story line. She handed it to me before going to sleep and said , "O mommy, read mo to sa akin ha." I did but this time, I was out of breath already after reading it...the story was too long! (And syempre pa, with the arte-arte to go along while reading it requires energy pud baya.) This time, I thought, could this really be a good idea??? ^_^

She borrowed her first book last June 15. It's been 1 month now. And every single day, she has a new book with her which I need to read to her every night just before sleeping. She wouldn't let her papa turn off the light without me reading the book to her.

Last night, I was sort of tired already and I asked her if her papa could read to her instead. She
stubbornly said no simply because, "Ayoko mommy, mas gusto ko ang voice mo." Eh?Eehehehe....goodluck to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment