Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So Red Moon

Monday, June 30th - - My good friend, Ate Doris, called me just before lunch time and asked if I'm free to eat lunch with her. It's been quite awhile since our last lunch date so I said sure. When I got down from the office, she was busily transferring something from her X-Trail's backseat to the compartment. And just then, I remembered she just had a new baby girl, three weeks ago to be precise, so I asked her, "So who's watching over baby Nikki now?" And she simply said, "Andyan sya o, sa harap."


So I peeked on the passenger seat and sure thing, Nikki was there, all cuddled up in her baby basket soundly asleep. I just couldn't help but laugh. Nikki is just less-a-month old and she's already, in my own words, "laagan!" Such a cutie that baby...

After some discussion on where to eat, we ended up choosing Red Moon. It'd be our second time in this place.

That day, we were the only customer in Red Moon. It seems lately, F. Torres is not at all crowded during lunch time so we didn't have any trouble looking for a parking space. We settled in our huge black couches and trying to decide what to have. I opted to order Beef Rice and Ate Doris had Pork Asado Rice. We also ordered Black Gulaman for dessert. As usual, the waiting ain't that long and so we digged on our bowls right away not using the provided plates anymore.

The rice bowls were nicely and invitingly plated. You can see for yourself with the pictures provided.

The Beef Rice was really delicious with lots of spices in it. I tried Ate Doris' Pork Asado as well and it was equally delightful. It has broccoli in it also. I'd say I recommend both dishes. We ended our meal sharing a glass of black gulaman. I liked it also since it's not like other black gulamans that tastes like medicine.

We enjoyed our meals while chatting about funny stressing moments in taking care of babies. A good meal is always more enjoyable when shared while having good conversations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment