Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday, before heading home from our Sunday family day, we passed by the new Merco at Cabaguio Avenue. I invited Dennis to grab a bite first before going home since we haven't had our lunch yet.


Upon entering, we noticed that they used a reefer van for this branch which they just fully painted in white so it looked really clean. And they installed these red lamps above the tables which looked very attractive against the white walls. It was a tiny diner but several families were coming in and out so I guess, Merco is a part of their lives just like it has been with mine.

As a kid, I could still remember that my parents would bring me and my siblings here every chance they get to treat us with pizza and ice cream. Then, feeling super rich na kami when we dine at Merco. It has been one of Davao's best for many decades now and even until present, it has never ceased to satisfy Davaoenos. Many still comes back for more of their pizza, ice cream shakes, sandwiches and lots more. What I love most here though and I don't think I'd stop loving it, is their German Hotdog which, despite the fact that it's so simply prepared, but is so juicy and tasty. And I love it best with their tomato catsup on it (dunno what brand it is though.)

Yesterday, after enjoying our family-sized Four Seasons Pizza, German Hotdog, and Strawberry and Mango Ice Cream Shakes, I shared to Dennis and Pia my childhood memories of this place and how it became part of my family. And now, I'd still like it to be part of ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment